Saturday, January 29, 2011

A small idea that grew! And we need your help!!

First off let me start by admitting that I am not much of a cook. Give me a recipe and I can follow it, but no real invention happening here.

Over the years of raising three kids I ended up with a few favorite recipes - notably an amazing spag bol - as well as some absolute disasters.

Our culinary luck changed 7 years ago with the addition to our family of Gianni - an amazing Italian chef (now my husband). He opened up a whole new world of amazing food and yes a lot of pasta and pizza.

The main result for me (apart from 10ks's) has been an absolute lack of cooking for the last 6 - 7 years - why would I? - and an amazing trip for my taste buds to home made gnocchi, eggplant parmigiana, stuffed whole fish, garlic chili mussells - and the list goes on.

When the girls moved out of home I had the idea to combine all of their favorite recipes (mine & his)  into one book as a keepsake. There are so many places on line to publish books with pictures - so why not?

The first ssection would have to be "So you moved out of home and can't afford to eat".  Maybe then we (meaning Gianni) wouldn't have to 'deliver' homemade pasta just so we knew they were eating something!

After reconnecting with old friends from PomHigh on face book - the lovely Shaheen Khan posted one day that she was cooking 'Byriani' at which point we all went nuts on line wanting the recipe.

Hang on - doesn't everyone have a favorite recipe - or one from their Mum? Why not ask everyone to send their recipes just like Shaheen so we can cook them and include them in our book?

The amazing Lauren then suggested starting a blog  so people could send their recipes and as we cook and eat them, give our friends and family all over the world the chance to be a part of an exciting experiment!!

Feed back and contributions would be greatly appreciated - no really - I'd feel like a right wally if I don't get a least ONE recipe from this.

We will post pictures of the finished dishes, post recipes of some amazing food and I will even admit to the disasters!!

I see this 'project' taking a year to complete and then anyone who wantsa copy of the end result can order through me.

Let's have some fun and take our taste buds on an exciting international journey of mouthwatering favorites!!

3 comments:

  1. Ciao Famiglia.
    Site looks great, good idea as usual. Trying to make Arancini this afternoon, let you know how it goes.
    Regards
    Giovanni Campana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - send the recipe and I'll put Gianni to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay mum this is great! I like your writing style haha

    ReplyDelete