Tuesday, February 8, 2011

She's in the Army Now!

So- I'm going to divert from the recipes for a minute - though I do have an amazing VERY easy bread recipe - in fact I now only eat home made bread thanks to this find!

I have 3 beautiful daughters and I am proud of all of them!!

 A shout out to Vanessa and Courtney who are not well and enjoying the soup I dropped of to them - that Gianni made (I like cooking but I'm not silly).

Right now Lauren is in Lismore being fitted for her Army Reserve uniform!!  Go Lauren!!

 After a year of tests, psych test (she passed?!), fitness tests and having 3 (small, minute, could HARDLY see them) Tattoo's surgically removed - Lauren was finally inducted into the Army Reserve late last year!

She joins a long list of serving family members from Uncle Phillip, Barbara & Louis LeBoydre, Errol, Michael and of course her dad - Peter (proud much Dad hahaha). Well done!


Now to the cooking part!!

There are some amazing recipes out there and Gianni wants me to try each and every one!!!  After 8 years doing all the cooking this is heaven for my man!

I have made this loaf with brown sugar and treacle and while both work I will use the  brown sugar from now on.

This bread is sensational toasted (smells like popcorn for some reason when toasting? - go figure) with marmalade or topped with a poached egg or with soup or............. well you get the picture! It does fall apart much easier that store bought bread but well worth that!!

Thanks for the Banana Bread recipes Peta, Karen and Lauren. I will be trying them all as well as a tasty Banana and Maple Syrup cake recipe I found - Yum right?

As long as the loan is approved so I can buy 4 bananas - Thanks again Yasi!!

Happy Eating!!
            


10 Minute Wholemeal Bread
(makes 2 tasty, healthy loaves with a crisp crust)

Ingredients

6 cups wholemeal flour ½ cup unprocessed Bran
2 raised tsps Baking Soda ½ cup Olive oil
½ cup brown sugar or Treacle ½ tsp salt
4 cups Water

Method

Stir all ingredients together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until you have elastic dough that will hold its shape without slumping (approx 2 mins).
Divide the dough between 2 Teflon or greased loaf tins and bake for 45 – 60 mins at 200 C. For a crisp all over crust, remove the loaves from the tins while hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment